Seller's Fees for entering an item into auction (following a successful sale)
* 15% (plus VAT) commission up to £2000 and 10% thereafter with a £6.00 minimum fee
* 1% (plus VAT) insurance
* £2.00 photograph fee for items under £55.00 and £5.00 for items over £55.00
* If an item is not sold, no commission or photograph fee is charged
Buyer's Fees at auction
25% (inclusive of VAT) buyer’s premium
* If buying on windibank.co.uk there is no internet fee for bidding live, leaving bids, leaving auto bids on windibank.co.uk, bidding by telephone or leaving bids with PFW staff, by email or over the phone
* If bidding with Easy Live Auction there is a £3.00 inclusive of VAT standard charge or a 3% charge – please refer to Easy Live Auction Terms and Conditions
24th Nov 2023
3rd Jul 2023
THE 3 R'S - REASONS TO BUY AND SELL AT AUCTION
Reduce, Recycle, Reuse...................
2nd Jun 2023
This Auction we have a few ivory pieces for sale and you will notice that we have included a Submission Reference number in the Lot description. Following on from the Ivory Act of 2018 new Government regulations dated 6 June 2022 mean that if you intend to sell ivory, it must fall below 10% of the total volume or within the approved exempt list and also be registered or certified as exempt. If the item is to be exported, you will need to check if an export permit is required. Currently the cost to apply for exemption is £20 and you will need to provide photos, a description and declare that your item meets the relevant exemption criteria, failure to do this may lead to a significant fine. Full information can be found on the gov.uk/guidance/declare-ivory-you-intend-to-sell-or-hire-out site.
The new legislation has had an impact on ivory sales and in many cases, it is not worth paying for the exemption. It is not illegal to own ivory and our advice would be to keep it, give it away as a gift or leave it to someone in your will.
18th Apr 2023
April Auction and Timed Auction
21st Feb 2023
Welcome to our new website
26th Jan 2023
Buyers were clamouring for mid-century furniture...
10th Sep 2020
We just had our third online only auction on 5 September. It went well.
13th Mar 2020
Expect to see a lot of people walking around dripping with diamonds if recent sales are anything to go by..